PPC, or pay-per-click advertising, is an invaluable marketing tool for businesses – especially those looking for quick traffic increases and lead generation. The trick is choosing the right avenue for your budget.
There are 5 PPC Ads
- Search Ads
- Display Ads
- Social Media Ads
- Remarketing Ads
- Gmail Sponsored Promotions
- Search ads are the most common ad type that you’ll see in search results. These PPC ads show up at the top and bottom of search results on Google. You’ll see these ads tagged with the word “ad” to indicate sponsored content.
These ads only contain texts. If you want to create a Google search ad, you’’ use Google ads to create and set up your advertisement. If people search query on Google your target keyword will search as ads will be on top as per bid query.
2. Display advertising shows your adverts across all Google partner websites, all over the internet. Targeting for display advertising differs slightly from search advertising, in that you can target specific types of people to see your adverts.
You can select your exact target market, or choose people that have visited similar websites before, or hand-pick relevant industry websites to show your adverts. This enables you to fine-tune who sees your adverts and where they are displayed, to get the most out of your investment. By using both image and text ads, you can increase brand awareness for your company all across the web in a visual and engaging format.
3. Social media ads are one of the most popular types of paid advertising. These ads appear in social media feeds on different platforms. It’s a great way to connect with social media users.
To start using social media ads, you must select your platform. There are multiple social media platforms you can choose from, including:
These are the most popular platforms companies use to engage their audience. You’ll want to choose your platform based on where your audience frequents the most. If you research your audience, you’ll know which social media sites they use most.
Once you establish your platform, you can start creating your ad. Many social media platforms offer a variety of formats you can use. The format will depend upon what you want to achieve with your campaign.
Social media ads also offer advanced targeting. You can target leads more precisely, which is why companies love using social media to reach valuable leads.
4. Remarketing ads are one of the types of PPC ads you can run to engage your audience. Many people will visit your website and learn about your products or services but won’t convert. Whether they need more time to think or want to consider other products, they may not choose your business immediately.
When this happens, it may feel like you’ve lost a lead, but that’s, not the case. Instead, you’re presented with an opportunity to use remarketed ads to get them to think about your business and choose your brand.
5. Gmail sponsored promotions ads You can reach interested leads in more places than one. With Gmail sponsored promotions, you reach interested leads right in their inbox.
Gmail sponsored promotions ads appear at the top of a user’s mailbox
These ads appear to look like any other email, except for the “ad” tag on the email and the bolded subject line. Users can see these emails on the desktop and in the mobile app.